Nanka Judo Yudanshakai
Southern California Judo Blackbelt Association
Member of United States Judo Federation (USJF)
Vision - To bring Judo to every Southern California community and school.
Mission - The mission of the Nanka Judo Yudanshakai is to provide the Southern California judo and surrounding states judo communities with resources, value added support services, organizational leadership and to provide quality events and programs to advance the sport of judo.
Strategy - Partner with Clubs, Dojos and Schools to facilitate the growth in membership. Create New Clubs, Dojos and Schools. Establish Judo Curriculums in Elementary Schools, Middle Schools, High Schools, Colleges and Universities. Enable Clubs, Dojos and Schools to be the building of champions in Judo and in society and in turn produce Champions.
- Next Nanka Board of Directors will be on Sat. June 3, 2017 from 10am to 1pm. The meeting will be at Alexander Hughes Community Center, 1700 Danbury Rd., Claremont, CA 91711. All committees please have your reports to the Nanka Office by Tuesday, May 30. (Posted May 22, 2017)
- Please have all reports sent to Debbie by no later than Tuesday May 30th. If you are unable to email your report please bring 30 copies to the meeting.
- Hello Everyone, It is with great sadness that I inform you that Dr. Joseph Fitzsimmons passed away on Tuesday, March 28, 2016. We will send out more information as it becomes available. Thank you very much. USJF National Office (Posted April 13, 2017)
- We are deeply saddened to have received the message below from Dr. Charles Medani about the passing of John Anderson earlier this morning (Thursday, March 16). To the Judo Family: I have just received the news that John Anderson passed away at about 6 AM Eastern time yesterday morning. John was a founder of Shufu Yudanshakai, and a true sensei to many of us for decades. I will transmit additional information about further arrangements as I receive them from his family. Chuck Medani. Visitation and funeral services for John will be at the Eline Funeral Home, 11824 Reisterstown Road, Reisterstown, MD 21136. Visitations will be on Saturday, March 25th, from 1 pm - 3 pm, and from 5 pm - 7 pm. Funeral services will be on Sunday, March 26th at 10 am. Click here for funeral details. USJF Office (Posted March 18, 2017)
- To Nanka Yudanshakai Members, From San Jose's Sensei Memorial Tournament. Dear Nanka Yudanshakai, I would like to thank Nanka Yudanshakai for traveling to San Jose for the Sensei Memorial Tournament. I hope you had fair weather travel during that wet weekend. Thank you to Mojica, Gardena and Taishi Judo Dojos for their satellite weigh-in participation. Steve Yano (Posted Feb 28, 2017)
- Thank you for making this year’s Sensei Memorial Tournament another huge success. The 69th Annual SJBJC and 25th "Sensei Memorial" Invitational Judo Tournament had 698 contestants. It was a successful tournament this year due to all of your participation and support. To everyone who took time out of their busy schedules, who refereed for hours, who trained so hard and who sat up in those stands cheering....Thank You!!! Referees, Medical staff, Coaches, Parents...to all of you I give a round of applause for an excellent job. Your participation was greatly appreciated, see you next year. Albert Kato, Tournament Director (Posted Feb 28, 2017)
- 2017 CJI Club Application. Hi CJI member, attached the app to renew your membership for 2017. Thank you for your support of California Judo Inc. Kind regards, Mark Davis <firstname.lastname@example.org> CJI (Posted Dec 21,2016)
- 2017 World Police and Fire Games UPDATE. Club Sensei’s, My name is Robert Draper, Santa Clarita Valley Judo, and I am one of the coordinators for the World Police and Fire Games judo competition which will be coming to Los Angeles in August 2017. The judo competition will be held at the LA Convention Center on August 10. I am looking for clubs to volunteer and man 4 score tables and other important functions. If your club is interested please let me know and a potential number of volunteers. Because of the nature of the event, all volunteers names will be submitted and vetted before final approval is given. For further information please contact me. The World Police and Fire Games may be viewed at http://www.la17wpfg.com/6/index.htm and Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WPFGFederation/. Thank you for your consideration! Robert draper <email@example.com> (Posted Dec 21, 2016)
For questions or comments regarding Nanka Judo or Nanka web site contact:
NANKA TOURNAMENT UPDATE
- 300+ competitors at yesterday's West Coast Invitational, THANK YOUI to all VOLUNTEERS, coaches, players, parents, family members, and friends! Gary Goltz, Nanka Tournament Director (Posted May 22, 2017)
2017 USJA/JF SUMMER NATIONALS UPDATE
- 2017 USJA/USJF Grassroots Judo Summer Nationals Update! Host Hotel, Hilton West Palm has extended the $115 +tax room rate until Next Monday, May 22, 2017, or until availability runs out. Hint; they are already at 90%. Call Hilton reservations @ 561-231-6000 and use discount code: ZJUD If needed, here’s a list of nearby, backup, overflow hotels http://www.judous.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/SuNatsOverflow.12854800.pdf The FIRST DEADLINE for early tournament registration of $100 is in just 15 days, on June 1, 2017. The most recent registration package can be found at http://www.judous.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/SuNatsInfo1.135103915.pdf Additional Summer Nationals information can be found on our website at www.JudoUS.com Yours in the "Way", Mike Szrejter (Posted May 22, 2017)
- 2017 USJA / USJF Grassroots Judo Summer Nationals, July 6 - 9, 2017. The Host Hotel room block deadline is Monday, 5/15/17. Book room by Monday, 5/15/17 for Judo rate $115 + tax. Host Hotel: Hilton West Palm Beach. Call: 561-231-6000 Use Keyword: ZJUD, All Summer Nationals Information available at the Official website at www.JudoUS.com. Direct link to Registration Package revised on 3/5/17. Direct link to Overflow and Backup Hotels revised on 5/8/17. (Posted May 22, 2017)
NANKA REGISTRATION UPDATES
- Hello Everyone, we have some new insurance coverage that provides medical professional liability coverage for your medical volunteers who help at your tournaments/sanctioned events. There is a fee that is paid for by the event organizers to provide the coverage for their volunteer medical staff. The forms can be found on the downloadable forms page under the “Event Forms” heading. Judo Event Medical Professional Liability Program Summary 161213.pdf (insurance program description). Event Medical Professional Liability Enrollment Form 161216.pdf (enrollment & reporting forms). We hope that you find this helpful. If you need it, it is available. Thank you very much, USJF National Office. (Posted Feb 2, 2017)
NANKA DEVELOPMENT UPDATES
- RE: Hatashita/Fujimats Judoka Sponsorship. Hello Everyone!! First of all, THANK YOU NANKA JUDOKAS for submitting your applications for NANKA’s first Hatashita/Fujimats Judoka Sponsorship! It’s so great and reassuring to know that we have SO MANY “super-qualified” judokas right here in Southern California! The decision was much more difficult than anticipated, as competition results AND contribution back to NANKA were considered. We still have 1 more guaranteed sponsorship year (2018), so PLEASE apply again next year if you are still eligible. Without further delay, the Nanka Development - Sponsorship Committee would like to announce the winners of Nanka’s 1st Hatashita/Fujimats Judoka Sponsorship: FEMALE: Marisol Torro – Sawtelle Judo Club and MALE: Eric Katrdzhyan – Valley Judo Institute. Congratulations Marisol and Eric!! Jason Uno, Nanka Development (Posted May 7, 2017)
- Hatashita Sports/Fuji Mats Sponsorship Application. Nanka Development Program. HERE’S A TERRIFIC OPPORTUNITY!! 2 Nanka athletes (one female, one male) will be selected to represent Hatashita Sports/Fuji Mats/Nanka Yudanshakai for one year. These judokas will receive products to wear and use: judogi, bags, clothes, accessories, PLUS selected tournament fees! They do not necessarily need to be best in terms of tournament record. See attached for more information and application form. Posted April 6, 2017)
- Nanka 2017 SPRING Shorai Program (FORMS - REV2) Feb. 25 (Saturday) – Taishi Judo Club, 3 pm to 6 pm, March 26 (Sunday) – Valley Judo Institute, 2 pm to 5 pm, Apirl. 8 (Saturday) – Gardena Judo Club, 1 pm to 4 pm, Apirl 22 (Saturday) – Mojica Judo Club, 2 pm to 5 pm, May 20 (Saturday) – Industry Sheriff’s Judo Club, 10 am to 1 pm. June 10 (Saturday) – Harbor Judo Club, 2 pm to 5 pm, July 1 (Saturday) – Guerreros Judo Club, 10 am to 1 pm. Forms NOW POSTED (Posted Feb 16, 2017)
- 2017 IJF Rule Implementation. As many of you have heard, the IJF has implemented several rules changes for Shiai competition. A group of USA Judo referees and coaches attended a seminar conducted by the IJF in Baku, Azerbaijan earlier this month where they reviewed these changes, both on and off the mat. As a result, the USA Judo Referee Commission has issued a Seminar Report and Referee Rules for your review and implementation. Our tournament software is in the process of being modified to implement these changes but will not be completed by the USA Judo National Scholastic Championships on March 18-19 in Reno, Nevada. As such, we will conduct these championships using the pre-2017 rules. This will allow our athletes, coaches and referees some time to get up to speed on these new rules and be able to practice during their normal dojo workouts. The new rules will be utilized at the USA Judo Senior National Championships on April 29-30 in Salt Lake City and all subsequent events moving forward. USA Judo (Posted Feb 3, 2017)