Nanka Judo Yudanshakai
Southern California Judo Blackbelt Association
Member of United States Judo Federation (USJF)
Vision - To bring Judo to every Southern California community and school.
Mission - The mission of the Nanka Judo Yudanshakai is to provide the Southern California judo and surrounding states judo communities with resources, value added support services, organizational leadership and to provide quality events and programs to advance the sport of judo.
Strategy - Partner with Clubs, Dojos and Schools to facilitate the growth in membership. Create New Clubs, Dojos and Schools. Establish Judo Curriculums in Elementary Schools, Middle Schools, High Schools, Colleges and Universities. Enable Clubs, Dojos and Schools to be the building of champions in Judo and in society and in turn produce Champions.
- We are deeply saddened to have received the message below from Dr. Charles Medani about the passing of John Anderson earlier this morning (Thursday, March 16). To the Judo Family: I have just received the news that John Anderson passed away at about 6 AM Eastern time yesterday morning. John was a founder of Shufu Yudanshakai, and a true sensei to many of us for decades. I will transmit additional information about further arrangements as I receive them from his family. Chuck Medani. Visitation and funeral services for John will be at the Eline Funeral Home, 11824 Reisterstown Road, Reisterstown, MD 21136. Visitations will be on Saturday, March 25th, from 1 pm - 3 pm, and from 5 pm - 7 pm. Funeral services will be on Sunday, March 26th at 10 am. Click here for funeral details. USJF Office (Posted March 18, 2017)
- Dr. Joseph Fitzsimmons Tribute Dinner, April 1, 2017 sponsored by North California Judo Association. See attached flyer and rsvp form. For more information contact Keith Watanabe. (Post March 8, 2017)
- SAVE THE DATE! Hello Everyone, The Nanka Awards Banquet is coming up! Please mark your calendars for Saturday, May 13th, 2017 from 11:00am to 3:00pm. The event will be held at The Grand in Long Beach. Send your Reservation Requests and Nominee for 2016 Outstanding Judo Award in early! Luncheon cost will increase after April 21st. Nominee must be received no later than May 1st. Invitations are in the process of being mailed to Nanka Clubs. Attached are the forms for your convenience. Debbie Oba, Nanka Office (Posted March 8, 2017) Ticket Order Form, Outstanding Judo Award Form
- To Nanka Yudanshakai Members, From San Jose's Sensei Memorial Tournament. Dear Nanka Yudanshakai, I would like to thank Nanka Yudanshakai for traveling to San Jose for the Sensei Memorial Tournament. I hope you had fair weather travel during that wet weekend. Thank you to Mojica, Gardena and Taishi Judo Dojos for their satellite weigh-in participation. Steve Yano (Posted Feb 28, 2017)
- Thank you for making this year’s Sensei Memorial Tournament another huge success. The 69th Annual SJBJC and 25th "Sensei Memorial" Invitational Judo Tournament had 698 contestants. It was a successful tournament this year due to all of your participation and support. To everyone who took time out of their busy schedules, who refereed for hours, who trained so hard and who sat up in those stands cheering....Thank You!!! Referees, Medical staff, Coaches, Parents...to all of you I give a round of applause for an excellent job. Your participation was greatly appreciated, see you next year. Albert Kato, Tournament Director (Posted Feb 28, 2017)
- PROPOSED JUDO RULE CHANGES FOR 2017. Wide consensus for the adapted rules of the next Olympic Cycle - Dec 9, 2016. The International Judo Federation has worked on the new regulations and published them today. They will apply for the next Olympic cycle. The goal is to promote the rules of judo and make them easier to understand, as well as to simplify them. The purpose of these rules is to give priority to the attack and to the realization of IPPON. A final document will be prepared and send before the end of the year. A proposal to include a team event during the Olympic Games will also be sent to the IOC. This event will be a mixed team event including 3 women (-57, -70, +70) and three men (-73, -90, +90). VERSION FRANCAISE (voir ci-dessous) https://www.ijf.org/news/show/adapted-rules-of-the-next-olympic-cycle (Posted Dec 23,2016)
- 2017 CJI Club Application. Hi CJI member, attached the app to renew your membership for 2017. Thank you for your support of California Judo Inc. Kind regards, Mark Davis <email@example.com> CJI (Posted Dec 21,2016)
- 2017 World Police and Fire Games UPDATE. Club Sensei’s, My name is Robert Draper, Santa Clarita Valley Judo, and I am one of the coordinators for the World Police and Fire Games judo competition which will be coming to Los Angeles in August 2017. The judo competition will be held at the LA Convention Center on August 10. I am looking for clubs to volunteer and man 4 score tables and other important functions. If your club is interested please let me know and a potential number of volunteers. Because of the nature of the event, all volunteers names will be submitted and vetted before final approval is given. For further information please contact me. The World Police and Fire Games may be viewed at http://www.la17wpfg.com/6/index.htm and Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WPFGFederation/. Thank you for your consideration! Robert draper <firstname.lastname@example.org> (Posted Dec 21, 2016)
For questions or comments regarding Nanka Judo or Nanka web site contact:
NANKA TOUNRAMENT UPDATE
NANKA REGISTRATION UPDATES
- Hello Everyone, we have some new insurance coverage that provides medical professional liability coverage for your medical volunteers who help at your tournaments/sanctioned events. There is a fee that is paid for by the event organizers to provide the coverage for their volunteer medical staff. The forms can be found on the downloadable forms page under the “Event Forms” heading. Judo Event Medical Professional Liability Program Summary 161213.pdf (insurance program description). Event Medical Professional Liability Enrollment Form 161216.pdf (enrollment & reporting forms). We hope that you find this helpful. If you need it, it is available. Thank you very much, USJF National Office. (Posted Feb 2, 2017)
NANKA DEVELOPMENT UPDATES
- Nanka 2017 SPRING Shorai Program (FORMS - REV2) Feb. 25 (Saturday) – Taishi Judo Club, 3 pm to 6 pm, March 26 (Sunday) – Valley Judo Institute, 2 pm to 5 pm, Apirl. 8 (Saturday) – Gardena Judo Club, 1 pm to 4 pm, Apirl 22 (Saturday) – Mojica Judo Club, 2 pm to 5 pm, May 20 (Saturday) – Industry Sheriff’s Judo Club, 10 am to 1 pm. June 10 (Saturday) – Harbor Judo Club, 2 pm to 5 pm, July 1 (Saturday) – Guerreros Judo Club, 10 am to 1 pm. Forms NOW POSTED (Posted Feb 16, 2017)
- 2017 IJF Rule Implementation. As many of you have heard, the IJF has implemented several rules changes for Shiai competition. A group of USA Judo referees and coaches attended a seminar conducted by the IJF in Baku, Azerbaijan earlier this month where they reviewed these changes, both on and off the mat. As a result, the USA Judo Referee Commission has issued a Seminar Report and Referee Rules for your review and implementation. Our tournament software is in the process of being modified to implement these changes but will not be completed by the USA Judo National Scholastic Championships on March 18-19 in Reno, Nevada. As such, we will conduct these championships using the pre-2017 rules. This will allow our athletes, coaches and referees some time to get up to speed on these new rules and be able to practice during their normal dojo workouts. The new rules will be utilized at the USA Judo Senior National Championships on April 29-30 in Salt Lake City and all subsequent events moving forward. USA Judo (Posted Feb 3, 2017)
- Nanka Development is announcing the creation of the "NANKA SR. JUDO LEAGUE" to begin JANUARY, 2017!! You've heard of "Beer League Softball?"....Here's the judo equivalent! In a nutshell, it's a series of dual matches (5-man dojo teams) with workouts afterwards. We're hoping to get at least 4-5 dojos to join this league. Registration Fee is $100 per team, which is pooled together, and the winner of the league takes all (as a donation to the dojo, of course)! The more teams that join, the better!! THE ATTACHMENT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING. Registration deadline is DECEMBER 9, 2016. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON!! Jason Uno (Posted Nov 20, 2016)
- NANKA RESULTS FROM DOMINICAN REPUBLIC. Team USA had great results at this year's Infantil Pan American Championships in Santo Domingo! Proud to say Nanka-area kids had a MAJOR contribution to Team USA's success. Congratulations and GREAT JOB EVERYONE!! (Posted Nov 17, 2016) Sub 13 Divisions (Friday, 11/11):Luchia Torro (Sawtelle) 31kg - 2nd, Mia Delgado (Guerreros) +52kg - 5th, Alexander Galan (Guerreros) 28kg - 2nd, Nazareth Chukulyan (Hayastan) 38kg - 2nd, Shea Hamilton (San Gabriel) 47kg - 3rd. Sub 15 Divisions (Saturday, 11/12): Isabella Coulter (San Gabriel) 48kg - 5th, Marisol Torro (Sawtelle) 48kg - 3rd, Isaiah Ramirez (Barstow) 53kg - 1st , Eric Katrdzhyan (Valley Judo Inst.) 64kg - 5th, Carribean International Cup (Sunday, 11/13): Marisol Torro (Sawtelle) - 3rd, Luchia Torro (Sawtelle) - 2nd, Eric Katrdzhyan (Valley Judo Inst.) - 1st, Telman Yegiazaryan (Hayastan) - 1st, Nazareth Chukulyan (Hayastan) - 1st, Mia Delgado (Guerreros) - 1st, Alexander Galan (Guerreros) - 3rd